The Carter Center is guided by a fundamental commitment to human rights and the alleviation of human suffering; it seeks to prevent and resolve conflicts, enhance freedom and democracy, and improve health.
Subject to confirmation of funding, The Carter Center is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as Program Manager to provide overall management and oversight of its project to create a media literacy curriculum and online training modules. The successful candidate will provide day-to-day management of media literacy curriculum development along with training module development conducted in partnership with a media curriculum expert, training module creation experts, and the Digital Threats to Democracy project team.
Length of Assignment: November 1, 2021- April 30, 2022
- With oversight and support from headquarters in Atlanta, provide day-to-day management of the Digital Threats to Democracy’s media literacy project activities conducted with matter experts, educational institutions, and content creation companies.
- Provide management and oversight of staff responsible for assisting with development of media literacy curriculums and media literacy training modules.
- Provide training and technical assistance to facilitate implementation of project activities, including guidance and support on media literacy activities and analysis of findings
- Provide written programmatic updates on project activities on a weekly / bi-weekly basis and oral reports as requested
- Participate in meetings with external stakeholders (including donors) as required
- Collaborate with similar Carter Center projects in other countries to share and exchange technical experience, knowledge, and skills
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working on projects related to the impact of information technologies and/or social media in the arena of democracy and elections
- Experience working internationally with civil society organizations on democracy, human rights, and information technology issues, including training experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or corresponding years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Leadership skills, cross-cultural understanding, and a background working in sensitive political situations are required.
All interested candidates should send a copy of their CV and cover letter to:
Note: Due to the large volume of applicants, only candidates selected for an interview or additional consideration will be notified. No phone calls please.