The Carter Center has worked in Sudan since 1987 on issues of neglected tropical diseases, peace, and democracy. In partnership with the Ministry of Youth and Sports, the Center will be conducting a survey of knowledge, attitudes, and perceptions of youth organizations. The Center is seeking qualified applicants for eight (8) Survey Managers for a period of three months. For more information, please see the blog post here.
The Survey Managers will report to the Khartoum-based Team Leader. Survey Managers will be responsible for implementing the survey in the following regions: Khartoum and North Sudan; Greater Darfur; Greater Kordofan and White Nile; Senna, Gezira and Blue Nile; and Eastern Sudan. Applicants from these regions are encouraged.
Survey Managers should have relevant education and experience in managing and implementing surveys, including:
- Familiarity with quantitative data collection using digital/online survey tools
- Familiarity with qualitative data collection using an interview guide
- Ability to train and supervise Volunteer Surveyors both in person and remotely
- Ability to travel in remote areas to support survey implementation
- Access to a phone and a portable computer/laptop
- Knowledge of youth groups in at least one of the geographical areas above is preferred
- Fluency in Arabic is required, and English literacy is an advantage
- Applicants that reflect the diversity of Sudan are encouraged, including youth and women
Those interested should apply by Friday 30 October 2020. To apply, go to www.bit.ly/sudanyfio. If you are unable to do so, you may send a cover letter and CV toSudanYFIO@cartercenter.org. Because of the limited positions available, only finalists will be contacted. Please do not call The Carter Center in Sudan regarding this posting.